You may get many of the documents you once received in the mail via electronic delivery. Utility
bills, pay stubs, bank statements, insurance premium change announcements, etc. The list could go on and on.
9 Tips for E-delivery
- Track the opt-in status for all recipients.
- Provide appropriate portal verbiage to meet publication 1179 guidelines.
- Offer USPS mail when necessary.
- Give you a report option so you can see the exact status of your recipients’ elections at any time.
- E-file the IRS copy so you don’t have to worry with a 1096.