The vendor name is the only personal data FreshBooks captures for the vendor. FreshBooks does not record the vendor’s address, EIN, phone number, etc. This leaves gaps in the information you need to file a 1099-MISC for the vendor.
You will be able to import the existing data, and fill in the gaps from within Tax1099.com.
You will see an import grid in Tax1099.com. Red dots will appear in the payer and recipient rows. This signifies that more information is required. You can click on each payer and vendor to type in the required information.
We offer multiple vendor form delivery options. You can request USPS mail services from Tax1099.com. Another option is e-delivery. We offer e-mail and portal delivery. Our portal service includes the collection of opt-in statuses from your vendors. This follows the guidelines outlined in IRS Publication 1179. Lastly, you can download, print, and mail forms on your own. Vendor copies of forms can be downloaded from Tax1099.com and printed on blank paper.
Why should you e-file with Tax1099.com? You can:
- Integrate with FreshBooks and other leading accounting software
- File forms/corrected forms year-round
- Access your forms online at any time
- Use prior-year filing for corrected forms or to bring a company into compliance
- Deliver forms to recipients
- Upgrade to Enterprise to control user rights and manage form workflow