Form 3921 – This is a form that companies would file when an employee chooses the incentive stock option (ISO). Incentive stock lets the employee buy the stock at a discounted price with the added benefit of receiving a tax break on the profit.
Information You’ll Need to File 3921
- Which employees chose to use the ISO
- Those employees’ tax ID numbers (TIN)
- Your company’s transmitter control code
You must file the 3921 form with both the IRA and the shareholder that the form pertains to.
Important Dates to File Form 3921
- Paper filers must submit by February 28th
- The due date for electronic filers is March 31st
These dates will be the next day if the date happens to fall on a holiday.